Are you suffering from back pain? Is it acute or chronic? Don’t worry. You are not alone. Back pain is one of the most prevalent health problems in the general population that brings them to their healthcare provider. Almost 60 and 80% of the world’s population will experience back pain at least once in their lifetime. Even in some people; it can be recurrent and longstanding. This article will give you an overview and a safe solution for your back pain.
What is back pain?
Pain may happen in any part of your body and can last for days, months, or even years. According to the International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP), pain is an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience. If this unpleasant sensation is present in your back, we call it back pain.
- It can badly affect your routine activities and quality of life, causing anxiety, depression, and sleep disturbances.
- It is not always due to an underlying disease. Many routine physical activities, exercises, and even office work for a more extended period can cause back pain.
- Sometimes, a sedentary office job, incorrect body posture, or a poorly designed workplace can develop back pain.
- Overexertion and poor body posture are two of the most common causes of back pain.
If you are unsure about the cause, book an appointment, and your clinician will identify it.
Why do you feel pain?
Sometimes, it gets complicated to understand the process of pain. But it is necessary to know what is happening inside your body.
Pain is a signal that identifies the actual tissue-damaging process. It warns you that something is happening wrong to your body. Why do you feel pain? When specific nerves or nociceptors detect any tissue-damaging function and then transmit this information to the brain and spinal cord, you feel pain.
For example, piercing a nail to your foot will send a message to your spinal cord that there is something harmful to your body, and it will order to pull your foot away from the dangerous object.
There are four main stages of pain signaling and processing.
Transduction– Transduction is the first stage. It is the process by which a painful stimulus is transformed into a signal. The three stimulus types are mechanical (pressure, pinch), heat, or chemical. It can be a nail piercing to your foot, a burn injury, a cut from your surgeon’s scalpel, or an infectious process.
Transmission: In the second step, the signal carrying the pain impulse is transmitted to your brain and spinal cord.
Perception- In the third step of the pain mechanism, the brain processes the incoming signals carrying pain impulses.
Pain modulation- In the final step, descending circuits are engaged.
What is a portable PEMF machine?
Chronic usage of pain-relieving medications like opioids may produce the following side effects.
- Stomach pain
- Mood changes
- Skin rash and itching
- Dry mouth, etc
These medications also cost you high. Recent advancements in bio-magnetic technology have introduced a pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy machine as an effective and affordable treatment option to relieve back pain.
A portable PEMF machine is a non-invasive bio-magnetic device that doesn’t penetrate your skin. You can buy and use a PEMF magnet at your home or outside. FDA has approved its clinical usage for broken bone fusion, reducing joint pain, muscle pain, etc.
A portable PEMF machine is easy to use. It is effective, having no side effects. Recent clinical studies have concluded that a portable PEMF machine and pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy has long-lasting healing benefits to your injured sites.
How a portable PEMF machine relieves your back pain?
A portable PEMF machine is an electromagnetic device that successfully relieves your back pain and stiffness. The exact mechanism of a portable PEMF machine is still unknown to us. Recently published clinical trials have proposed the following theories for its mechanism.
- A portable PEMF machine stimulates low-intensity magnetic fields to repair your damaged tissues.
- A PEMF magnet for home acts at a cellular level and targets the specific injured tissues of your body.
- A PEMF magnet for home or a portable PEMF machine enhances the blood supply to the injured cells, increasing oxygen flow to the damaged cells and relieving pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- A portable PEMF machine may help detoxify and regenerate the injured cells.
- It not only relieves your pain but also heals.
DCcure, a low-cost PEMF magnet for home
DCcure is a low-cost PEMF magnet for home use. It is a non-invasive, safe, and FDA Class 1 listed pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapeutic device.
DCcure is a low-cost portable PEMF machine with proven efficacy and safety in a randomized clinical trial. The trial was conducted on 42 back pain patients. They were 18-75 years of age.
- A Randomized Controlled clinical study was conducted in 2019 by Anthony J Lisi et al., and it was published under the title “A Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy Device for Non-Specific Low Back Pain.” In this clinical trial, 42 people were randomized. The PEMF magnet used in this clinical trial was “MDcure®, Aerotel Ltd., Holon, Israel and Aerotel Inc. USA, New York, NY, USA.” The study’s authors concluded that this device is safe and effective in relieving pain in patients experiencing non-specific low back pain (NLBP). There were no adverse or severe effects seen in the trial.